Summer of Love
Welcome to the Summer of Love! Here you can find a range of great BBQ recipes, beach avtivities, refreshing smoothies and great coupon savings.
Get set for a sunny and warm summer full of love.
Summer Grilling Recipes
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar 4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce 1 tspn dried oregano
1 lime, juiced 1 tspn rosemary
1/2 lemon, juiced 2 tbspn lemon pepper
1/4 cup sherry 1 tspn salt
2 tbspn ground mustard 6 boneless chicken breast
2 tspn honey
1. In a large glass bowl, stir together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, sherry, mustard, and honey. Mix in the garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, oregano, rosemary, and salt. Place the chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tbspn olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Chipotle shrimp Tostadas
1 tspn vegetable oil
4 corn tortillas
1 pound of shrimp
1 tspn chipotle chile powder
4 cups shredded cabbage mix
1 medium tomato, cut into dice
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tspn fresh lime juice
1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro
Lime wedges, for serving
1. In a medium, deep skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until hot. Fry one tortilla at a time over moderately high heat until lightly golden on both sides, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
2. Preheat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and the chipotle chile powder. Season the shrimp with salt. Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are browned in spots and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with the tomato, scallions, sour cream and lime juice and season with salt. Set the tortillas on plates and top with the cabbage slaw, chipotle shrimp, avocado, radishes and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Source: All Recipes
Transform a summer fruit favorite into a drinkable delight.
2 cups chopped watermelon
¼ cup fat-free milk
2 cups ice
COMBINE the watermelon and milk, and blend for 15 seconds, or until smooth. Add the ice, and blend 20 seconds longer, or to your desired consistency. Add more ice if needed.
Essential Picnic Checklist from Outdora
Basic Picnic Items
__ Cooler or insulated picnic tote, picnic basket, or picnic backpack
__ Utensils and tools (can opener, corkscrew, serving spoons, etc.)
__ Cutting board
__ Flatware and Silverware
__ Cups for beverages
__ Wine Glasses
__ Table cloth
__ Picnic Blanket
__ A plastic tarp to put under your blanket if the ground is wet
__ Extra layers of clothing if the weather changes
__ Wet naps for clean up
__ Outdoor games
__ Insect Repellant
__ Garbage bags
__ Plenty of Water
Grilling Picnic Items
__ Portable Grill or Hibachi
__ Lighter fluid
__ Fire Extinguisher
__ Grilling tools
__ Oven Mitt
__ Grill Brush
__ Cooking Spray
__ Aluminum Foil
__ Extra Propane if you have a gas grill
__ First Aid Kit
__ Aloe Vera (for grill burns)
__ A spray bottle for flare ups on the grill
Top 10 Beach Gmaes For Your Family
Trying to think of some beach games and acrtivities? Take a look at this list from Life Script. THis also happens to be a great site for healthy living tips, research and more.